Monday, April 27, 2009

The Oakville Salad


Asian Pear, Smoked Almond & Walnuts, Crumbled Blue Cheese in a Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette ... a.k.a. The Oakville Salad

I know the title is a mouthful, but I don't know what to call this salad. How about the "Oakville Salad"? Okay, sounds good.
We make variations of this salad all summer long. To us it's like having dessert with your dinner. Essentially, it's a mixed green salad with any fruit and nut combination, some savory cheese and a sweet/tangy vinaigrette.
For the Oakville Salad, I used almond and walnut that I had hickory smoked (I stash them in the freezer for safe-keeping), some diced Asian Pear, crumbled blue cheese and a vinaigrette made from raspberry balsamic vinegar. It's served here with a Cajun Rubbed Center-cut Chop. The heat of the Cajun rub is perfectly balanced by the creamy blue cheese and juicy crunch of the asian pear. Give it a try!

2 comments: